Stories by RYAN COMER • Portraits by MATT HERP • Standard-Examiner Staff
It's time for this year's installment of the Standard-Examiner's annual high school football preview series for schools in Northern Utah.
A different school will be featured each day, starting with Ogden High on Aug. 1. The final preview will publish Friday, Aug. 18, the first day of games.
Among this year’s storylines:
• Can new Ogden High head football coach Erik Thompson put an end to a three-plus season losing streak?
• Can Weber take advantage of its experience and talent to claim a region title?
• Box Elder continues its trend of relying on a quarterback who played safety the year before.
• Ben Lomond coach Eric Alder doesn’t expect to take a step back despite losing three critical offensive weapons from a year ago.
• Can Layton Christian make it to the final four in the 1-A classification?
Each team preview will be added to the photo slider below as stories are published each day, so bookmark this page and check back for reports from each campus.
Click/swipe through photos to find the desired team. Click on "2017 preview" to read each preview.